Mad Mad Media

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mad Mad Media Podcast 15 - Terra Naomi

Click to listen, right-click to download

An interview with Terra Naomi


Say hello to Terra Naomi. For those of you who have listened to the podcast before, you may already be familiar with Terra (her song I'm Happy was featured on the July 14 podcast HERE), but for those of you who haven't, you're in for a real treat.

Terra Naomi is on her way up. Way Up. This last summer she went from a virtually unknown artist to one of the top indie acts on the Internet, without the push of a major or indie label. The video for her song, Say It's Possible, which she recorded with a camcorder in her apartment, became a sensation on YouTube, with over 1 million views to date. On top of that her DIY release, Virtually, a limited pressing of 6,000 copies, sold out in a matter of months. Again without the push of a label.

Right now, Terra is in the studio working on a new record. I for one can't wait. I think Terra is going straight to the top, and it's about time someone with talent does. I'll be putting more Terra stuff up as the week goes on. For now, enjoy the podcast!

You can find out more about Terra on her website HERE.

And, on her MySpace site HERE.

And on her YouTube page HERE.

2 Comments:

  • Interesting conversation. Pleasant voice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 PM  

  • Nice interview - I'm looking forward to seeing Terra when she's over in the UK next which I guess will be early 2007. I've seen all four of Terra's UK gigs (three in London, one in Manchester) which I guess makes me a full blown Terraholic.

    Success couldn't come to a nicer person and a great musician.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home