Mad Mad Media

Friday, July 14, 2006

Mad Mad Media Podcast #6

Click to Listen/Right-click to Save


Terra Naomi-I’m Happy. I ran across Terra’s virtual tour while on YouTube. She had written a song, recorded it and played it in front of her webcam for a worldwide audience in three days. Talk about the immediacy of the Internet. And it was a damn good song to. This song is off of her 2006 EP, “8-Track.” And don’t forget to check out her virtual tour.



Website

MySpace

YouTube Virtual Tour (highly recommended!!!)

MoZella: Love is Something
MoZella, of Detroit, is getting ready to release a CD through Maverick Records. She was supposed to play at Summerfest, and I was going to put her on our Summerfest Podcast, but her show was cancelled. Oh well. When she does make it around this neck of the woods, she will be worth checking out. In the meantime, here’s a few links.

Myspace

Website


Nikki Capra: The Stars Have Left the Sky

I don’t know how I ran into Nikki Capra on MySpace, but I instantly dug this song. When I contacted her about using it on the show, she immediately said yes and put a link to my humble little blog on her Web site and MySpace site, therefore becoming my new best friend. She plays a lot around Chicago, so if you’re in the area I highly recommend checking her out. Also, if my computer is still working, I will be posting an interview in had with Nikki next week. Until then, check her out on the Web.

Website

Myspace


The Hush Sound: Wine Red
These guys are awesome, and they are getting massive attention on their summer tour with The Dresden Dolls and Panic! @ The Disco. If you can find (steal) tickets for their show, check them out. Here are some links to them on the Web.

MySpace

Website

Bang! Bang!: Creepwalking
New Wave isn’t dead, and it’s gotten a lot better. Case in point, Chicago’s Bang! Bang! (You know, I didn’t really plan this but there are a lot of groups from Chicago on this podcast.) To be honest, they make the New Wave music I grew up with sound like old crap. You have to hear it to believe it.

Website

MySpace





The Young Republic: Blue SkiesAny group that describes their music as orchestral folk is all right in my book. This 9-piece Boston group is about as cool at they come in my book. Nothing else to say except, enjoy.

Website

Myspace

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home