Mad Mad Media

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mad Mad Media Podcast # 8 (I think)

Mad Mad Media Podcast
(click to listen/right-click to save)

Hello Everybody!
As you see, we have another new Mad Mad Media Podcast uploaded for your approval. This week’s show was particularly difficult, after my hard drive fell off of the face of the Earth, I was left to work on it here at work. But the silver lining of that black cloud is that we have Garageband 3 here at the Press, and I have been able to upgrade the podcasts for those of you regular subscribers through iTunes (subscribe through iTunes by clicking the link to the right).
Then something else happened.
I usually contact musicians through MySpace to get permission to use their songs. For those of you out there who may be interested in creating your own podcast, you HAVE to get permission to use copyrighted material on your show.
Two weeks ago there was a ripple in the matrix, and all of a sudden I can’t access sites like MySpace because the paper’s Internet Explorer is suffering from some debilitating condition that makes it freeze up whenever you try and access a site that has complicated text.
So, I had only gotten permission from two artists. Not nearly enough for a show. But the Podsafe Network came to my rescue. They have done all of the work for me, and hooked the show up with some awesome music.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

So here are the groups from this weeks show!

Carbonfour
From The Start
These guys have an awesome hypnotic sound and they’re from right around the way...Chicago. I’m going to have a review of their whole CD later this week, but if you’re fiending to here more, check them out online by clicking HERE.





Taylor Hollingsworth
Duct Taped Heart
I missed this guy’s show a couple of months ago because I had to work and I’m still regretting it. Hollingworth has a great Replacements-esque sound that is a refreshing shot in rock ‘n’ roll’s arm. Want more? Check him out online by clicking HERE.


Pippa Rogers
Happy
I have to be honest, I picked this artist from Podsafe because it reminded me of Kelly Ripa (Regis always calls Ripa Pippa. I’m glad I picked it — not because of the name — the song is solid. This UK artist has permission to stay! Want more? Check her out online by clicking HERE.







Karmella’s Game
One Phone Call
Baltimore, I’ve never thought of you as being on the indie rock map...I was wrong. I’m sorry. Karmella’s Game is off the hook! Interesting lyrics, rockin’ sound...you just can’t go wrong with this one. You like? Check they out by clicking HERE.








Panic! @ The Disco
I Write Sins Not Tragedies
Finding these guys on Podsafe was like finding the one missing CD from your collection at a garage sale. I never thought I’d get permission to play this, one of the hottest bands of the summer, and here they go and give everybody permission to use it. Kings among men I tell you. Want to find out more? Check them out online by clicking HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home